Hi, I’m Kristi Riley, founder and owner of Kinectix Inc. I live in beautiful North Texas in a charming little town, not unlike many other charming little towns all across the U.S. I am blessed with an amazing family, wonderful friends, and a beautiful daughter. I enjoy painting, music, theater, art and music. I believe in servant leadership and that people are the most important factor in any equation.
Since the mid 1990’s I have been using my artistic talents and wordsmithiness in various ways; creating graphics, marketing for my church, creating branding or ad graphics, things of that nature. But until I discovered Instructional Design, I hadn’t discovered that one career to combine my gift for graphics with my love of learning. What I’ve found was more than I could have hoped for. Each day holds a new challenge, an opportunity to create something great, a chance to bring knowledge to life. I am truly blessed to be doing what I love.
As an Instructional Designer, I view myself as a learning catalyst. Perhaps that is not yet a recognized title, but there you have it. You see, a catalyst is something that incites activity. One minute nothing is happening, then suddenly things begin to shift, an idea begins to form, the wheels start to turn. The right training can take people from mystery to mastery, from confusion to confidence and from doubt to determination…
… and that is why I love it.
My Approach to Learning
Instructional Design is a constantly changing field of study. My personal view is that as learners change, so should the learning. Otherwise, we would be using chalk with our “tablets” and not a stylus. So whether it’s introducing new information, or refining existing skills, it’s all about the delivery. I believe that, bottom line, focusing on the individual learner with engaging material, relevant to their needs, is the most effective approach.
My goal is to effect the desired change by meeting the needs of the learner; to provide an effective, engaging and interactive learning experience for each individual; and to INSPIRE a desire to learn. I will always strive to make the journey of learning a fulfilling experience, and do my best to empower each individual to be successful, life-long learners.
My Latest Posts…
- Ask 10 different people what microLearning is and you’ll probably get 12 different answers. So, I wanted to take a minute and address a few common questions folks might have […]
- We’ve all had one. Maybe they aren’t as common today, but if you ask any old-timer about their bosses from back-in-the-day they will tell you stories of crazy demands, yelling, threats, […]
- Whatever your goals, there is one sure-fire way to get your team on board with making it happen: Invest in their development! “But,” you say, “they might take what we […]
- From our stories, our experiences, comes everything that makes us us. It is easy to relate to ourselves. After all, we know us better than anyone, right? The more difficult […]
- Hi. I’m Kristi, Gen X-er slash Boomer, raised by Traditionalist and therefore a Heinz 57 as generational mentalities go. When it comes to technology I’m quite accustomed to it, and […]